Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Dragnet (1987)

Image courtesy of IMDB.com

Can we get some love for freaking Dan Aykroyd?! He's a comedy legend and he was such a delight to watch in this movie. He stars as Joe Friday, the nephew of the original Friday from the 1960's tv crime series, and also co-wrote the movie. Aykroyd was a huge Friday fan and even played him in an SNL sketch in the 70's. Hanks costars as his rookie partner Pep Streebek. Since it's a buddy cop movie, naturally I had to make donuts.



For me, the bar was honestly kind of low going into this. Usually remakes/sequels/prequels rub me the wrong way, especially when it's going off of something so classic. But this movie really surprised me with how damn funny it was! I really would like to give you a quick synopsis of the plot, but I don't know how to! The easiest way to describe it is that straight-laced, by-the-book Friday is partnered up with loosey goosey, shoot-from-the-hip Streebek to solve a mystery. I honestly didn't even care much about the plot as we were watching it. It was one of those movies that you can laugh at even if you're not paying much attention to it. And as much as I love and adore Hanks, and how funny he was, nothing really compares to Aykroyd's performance in this. It was perfection. 10/10 would watch again.

Image courtesy of IMDB.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big (1988)

Image courtesy of IMDB.com It's taken a damn long time to get around to posting this! Right before the world fell apart and we all s...